Let me post a different kind of recipe today. In case you were wondering, here are all of the ingredients that, when put together, create one of the worst days a person could have. Each piece on its own doesn’t do much harm; however, when all parties collide together, it creates the perfect conditions for a really bad day.
- Wake up not being able to find your glasses. Spend a good 20 minutes trying to find them because you can’t see. Make sure to do this so that you have to run to the bus stop.
- While running to the bus stop, get there just in time to watch the bus fly past you. Try to run after it, but when you don’t catch it, throw down your purse and make a scene. Expletives are encouraged (then graciously accept a ride to work from a stranger that felt sorry for you).
- Cut yourself at work. Make it a good one, too! Do it so well that you bleed through your first band-aid and need to change it for another. Bonus points if you still see the skin you peeled up on the implement that cut you (it weirded me out).
- Have 2 people in a row (that speak softly) tell you that they got the wrong food even though you read the order back… after they actually get the food.
- Be on the struggle bus during the lunch rush because there aren’t enough people working.
- Pour lemonade into the dispense while the lid is still on. Bonus points if some of it goes into your pants. No, not on them.
- End up taking a big order that you have to ring and make yourself… because there’s no one to make it for you. and no one told you this. Rush around like a crazy person because you feel bad that people had to wait longer than necessary.
- Hobble to the bus stop because your body is done.
Dump all of these ingredients together, and you will have possibly the most annoying day ever. Thankfully, you were still able to laugh here and there. The best part, though, is getting to come home and take a bath. Soaking in a bubble bath is an act of therapy; the warmth of the water combined with sudsy water work together to release a tranquil state of mind… one you wish that you had had earlier in the day.
The one good thing I can say about bad days is that they do end. As I sink down into my bubble bath, I remember this. As the warm bath water embraces my aching body, and the sound of music unites with the air above me, I begin to unwind.
finally. tranquility is mine.